Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's Been Too Long

So, I'm sorry my super dedicated zealots of Into This World fandom, but I have been super busy. This stupid thing called "life" got in the way and slowed down progress of ITW. New job, various art jobs, building props for a web series. All that shiz.
But I'm back and starting to get my pixel on again. I decided to do what I normally do with my sprites. I went back and touched them up a bit because I am never (never ever ever never) happy with them... Ever!
ORIGINAL
The very original flying animation had a gradient light on the back leg. I thought it looked dumb. And I was right.
REDUX!!!
Redone sprites can get a little too overly sprited. I added a couple of panels to the cockpit to make it look more like a Viper or Hind cockpit. But the newly added Iron Man/ Minority Report tech stuff got covered up and left the whole design too garbled. I also added some highlights to the mech. And I shaded the arms a bit more. I also added a shadow under the halogen light and the big round gear thing that holds the weapon. The cockpit also now has more of a gradient to highlight an ambient light source. Lots of subtle things but I think it fleshes out he design more.

Without the bracing on the cockpit you can see all the flight controls stuff going on. This is what I will end up using.

This gets way too garbled. If you think something looks bad or have a second thought about it, that's because your brain's pride doesn't want to give in and say that extra work you put it actually made the art look worse. If you second guess yourself, it most likely means it's a bad idea and you already know it. Kind of like the part of me that ants to get rid of the bounce that the EDU does in this idle animation. Is it dancing? Does it have Parkinson's disease? 

Now you can actually see the scanning system. Each action you make will change the cockpit HUD display. If you simply stand there, this animation will play. Kind of like Drea is scanning the area and receiving information.

Unrelated Awesome Redux Video
Not my video but pretty damn cool. Watch it with loved ones. If you have no loved ones... yeesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment