Thursday, September 20, 2012

More Costume Stuff: The Hat!

The main character of the game, Drea, wears clothes. I know, I know, it's a stretch. Strong women characters in any medium should be butt ass naked. But alas, I thought I would try a spin on a classic here and give her some clothes. One of those articles of clothing she wears is her hat. It's that thing that goes on top of people's heads.
Eh... sort of like that.
Drea works for the United Drilling Federation on Mars. And she wears her company's uniform. This build was equal parts easy and difficult to make. Kind of like sexing it up with a really big fat chick. She's got nice cans but good lord, the rest of her could use a tune-up.
Sorry any fat friends I might have offended. What am I talking about? I'm handsome and only hang out with pretty people! Mwah ha ha!
No seriously, sorry.


First step, bam! Get a hat. I went to second hand clothing stores for a perfect olive drab trucker hat. Couldn't find it anywhere. So once again, bam! Went to ebay. Found hat. Ordered. Finally... KABAM!

Second step, bazoom! I proceeded to cut out the shield shape emblem. I carefully cut into the emblem (the difficult part) the UDF logo. Sloppily I might add. Then I cut the foam in half revealing the negative space from the top layer.


Last step. I cut out another shield shape and glued the carved out piece onto the new shield piece of foam. I spray painted it silver then took a black sharpie to the outer rim of the emblem. I colored the inside too to make the lettering "pop". Then I glued that bastard on and I was done, KADOOSH!
Then my cat asked to get some face time on the blog so this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment