Monday, June 11, 2012

You're All Gonna Get Clapped Up!

So as we all know when you are making guns for a futuristic world based video game (we've all been there, em' I right?) you end making a lot of different versions in the process. And we are all very anal retentive about the designs and need to redo them countless times over and over until you end up hating the very game you are making (double em' I right).
I wanted to show you fine ass folks out there... oh... especially you, Katy. Hmmm... you are looking hecksa' fine tonight. What is that your'e wearing? Oh my...
Keep it in your pants, buddy!
Oh yes... I wanted to show you a small example of some of the different weapons and their evolution into the drilling/killing/burning/melting instruments they have become today. And I mean that quite literally. I made these final versions today because James (the programmer, not the homeless man sleeping on my couch whom I am too afraid to tell to move out) is ready to implement them into the game. Me being me...
Aren't you always "you"?

1 Machine Gun 2 Flamethrower 3 Sound Drill 4 Spewer 5 Grenade Launcher 6 Missile Launcher

I had to redo them and give them what i touted as an "HD" remake. I just had to remake them before they get thrown into the game. I'll go over the ones that I especially hated. 
1 Another is the original machine gun. It was a standard looking turret gun. Look at that stupid thing. 
2 The old flamethrower is a tiny little unscary thing. Had to go. 
3 The sound drill went through a change to make it look more like a construction tool instead of a standard laser weapon.
4 The spewer went through a big change also. I wanted it look like a futuristic Super Soaker.
The most interesting one is the original grenade launcher. It was going to be permanently attached to the other side of the EDU. I decided against that because it made the EDU way too bulky. 
6 The rocket launcher was my hubris. I still don't think I like it. 
Soon I will get to shoot these at helpless tiles. MWAH HA HA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment